Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Sparky's Safe Lawn Tip - You Might Be a Lawn Geek If..

Lawn geek tattoo

Well, we can't take total credit for this one.  Checkout this humorous post from our friends at GreenerGreenGrass:

Are you a lawn geek?  

In my line of work I am fortunate to interact with a lot of lawn geeks.  Seriously, you wouldn’t believe some of the detailed questions I get.  I like it because I get to be helpful, but I also often end up learning something at the same time.  So, please consider this a tribute to all the lawn geeks out there. 

  • You have ever started a sentence with ^%#&ing bindweed / crabgrass / chokeweed / [insert evil weed nemesis here]
  • You have spent hours looking for funny lawn pictures (that one might just be me..)
  • You follow GreenerGreenGrass on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+  (You know you want to…)
  • You have your own worm bin to collect castings
  • You brew compost tea, not English Breakfast
  • You use a home-made device (AKA a tuna can) to measure rainfall and/or how much your sprinkler emits
  • The word “Bermuda” does not make you think of a sunny island getaway or the Triangle of certain doom
  • You get excited by the smell of manure being spread on your luscious green lawn
  • You have ever trimmed a single grass blade with a pair of scissors (I’ve seen it happen…)
  • You count the days until your soil test results arrive in the mail
Any of these ring a bell?  What are some of your "unique" lawn behaviors? 

No comments:

Post a Comment